Workplace is available on Essential, Advanced and Enterprise plans. Find out more about picking the right plan for your organization.
This is an overview of the three different Workplace plans. To see which specific features are available on the Essential, Advanced and Enterprise plans, visit the Workplace pricing page.
There are three different Workplace plans. One of the plans is free to use. The other two are billed monthly based on the number of people active in your Workplace.
Visit the Workplace pricing page for a full list of features that are included with each plan.
Workplace Essential is built to improve team collaboration and communication. It contains familiar Workplace features such as Groups, Workplace Chat, News Feed and live video. Workplace Essential is free to use.
Workplace Advanced is built for connecting an entire organisation on Workplace. It contains familiar Workplace features such as Chat, Live video and Groups, plus admin controls. Workplace Advanced costs USD 4.00 per person, per month. With Workplace Advanced, frontline employees can be connected to Workplace Frontline on mobile for USD 1.50 per person, per month.
Workplace Enterprise is for organisations that operate with greater levels of complexity due to their size or industry, and need a higher level of support. It includes all of the features in the Advanced plan, plus a 4-hour initial support response time, priority support resolution and early access to new features. Workplace Enterprise costs USD 8.00 per person, per month.
Workplace Essential is for team and small company communication. It’s free to use. We’ll begin rolling out Workplace Essential in 2020.
Workplace Advanced is designed to connect entire organizations and is $4 per person, per month. It’s our recommended plan.
Workplace Enterprise is built for organizations which operate with greater levels of complexity due to their size or industry. It costs $8 per person, per month. To get the Enterprise plan, you'll need to contact the Workplace sales team or a Workplace partner.The Workplace Frontline plan can be added on to either Workplace Advanced or Workplace Enterprise.
Note: Visit our pricing section to learn more about plans and pricing.
Workplace charges a flat fee of $4 per active user on a monthly basis for our Workplace Advanced plan.
You'll be charged for all employees in your community, even if a user isn't using your corporate email domain to sign in.
Keep in mind that the billing currency is USD. Our pricing doesn't include applicable tax. You can visit our pricing section for the latest information on pricing.
You need to access Workplace from your computer to request an upgrade to Workplace Advanced from Workplace Standard.
To upgrade your Workplace account to Workplace Advanced from Workplace Standard:
- Click Upgrade below News Feed in the top-left corner of Workplace.
- Fill in the form requesting additional information about your company.
- Check the box stipulating that you understand the agreement.
- Click Continue. You'll then be taken through the domain verification process.
Note that switching to Workplace Advanced means that your community will be agreeing to new terms and conditions. Learn more about Workplace Advanced features.
If you're upgrading to Workplace Advanced for the first time, you'll be entitled to a free trial. If you sign up on Advanced, switch to Standard, and then return to Advanced, you won't get a new free trial.
Keep in mind that you'll need to prove email domain ownership in order to upgrade your account to Advanced.
This article is only applicable to admins of Workplace Advanced.
To switch your account to Workplace Essential:
- From your computer, click Admin Panel at the top-left of your profile.
- Click on Payments.
- Click on Review Plans and select Switch to Essential.
- When prompted, Confirm Switch to finalize the process.
You can return to Advanced at any time by clicking the Upgrade to Advanced button.
Note: If you're not seeing the option to Switch to Essential you may need to log out of your account, clear the cache on your browser and then log back in.
If you switch from Workplace Advanced to Workplace Essential, you'll no longer be able to access the following:
- Unsent invitations will be permanently deleted from your community.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
- If you use SSO, all your coworkers will be signed out and they'll have to set their own passwords. They also won't be able to sign in with a single click.
Analytics showing who uses Workplace in your community
- You will lose access to Insights and won't be able to see which people and groups are most active on Workplace.
1:1 email support for admins
- You'll no longer be able to email direct support for help when you have a question, but you'll still have access to the Help Center.
Admin controls to manage your community
- You won't be able to moderate posts or manage your own data and users, and you'll no longer be able to see if anyone in your community has reported any posts.
APIs for custom integrations and bots
- You won't be able to use bots and you'll no longer have access to the API for custom integrations.
Syncing with identity providers like G Suite
- You'll no longer be able to sync seamlessly with identity providers, so people won't be added or removed automatically when they join or leave your business. Any users that were previously synced will remain in Workplace.
Visit the pricing page to find out more about which features are available on which pricing plans.
Note: If you already have a custom Workplace URL, or if you have multiple verified email domains, we won't make any changes to them, but keep in mind that you won't be able to update or manage that information once you've switched to Workplace Essential.
We're upgrading Workplace to provide a better experience for you and your Workplace community.
Because we're upgrading to a newer, better Workplace experience, Workplace Standard will be deleted and eventually replaced by Workplace Essential, which offers new features and updates, including an Admin Panel for System Admins.
To gain access to Workplace Essential from Workplace Standard, users will first need to verify their domain. You can access domain verification by clicking Upgrade Plan at the top of your News Feed. Once this is done, you will need to select a System Admin, who will act as a Data Controller. If a Data Controller or System Admin is not selected, your access to Workplace Standard will be lost.
New Admin Selection
In case no one in your Workplace can verify your domain, we'll reach out to you via email to help with admin selection.